A few years ago I ran into a guy I had dated. I hadn’t seen him in a couple of years, and I was wearing a size that was probably two larger than when I had last hung out with him. I could feel him looking me over, and he asked if I had gotten married. He smirked, and I understood that what he was implying was that I had obviously let myself go. I replied that no I had not married…but WOW, he sure was looking old! What a JERK! Didn’t I handle that like a grown up? Haha. I know that my weight fluctuates depending on where I am at in a relationship, or if I’m even in one.
Does less sex mean more eating? The answer is absolutely… yes, and not necessarily…no!
When I’m single and happy, and busy with my life I find that I take care of business. I eat appropriately, and get out and move! This doesn’t mean that I eat a perfectly balanced food pyramid and go to the gym five days a week. I just manage to keep everything in check. When I’m with a guy who has this outlook on health and weight, I usually tend to find him boring and dump him almost immediately. You will discover as you read, that I am 100% my own worst enemy! I am currently a full time student. I have a really positive out look on my life right now, but my weight does not reflect that. In my efforts to get good grades, my sex life is at zero and the scale is showing some “other numbers”. Zero and “other numbers” are not balanced! Some how through it all…I know I’m going to be ok. Just that statement tells me my numbers are already starting to change-if for today, only in my mind. It was in the upper 90’s today, I spent a few hours at work, and just as many in the pool. Things are already finding balance.
Me and My Wonton Ways
Peanut Butter (I like smooth)
Jelly (apricot is my fave)
Wonton wrappers (found in the produce aisle at the grocery store)
Place about a tsp. PB
And a tsp. of Jelly in the center of the wonton wrapper
Fold one side of the wrapper across to the other (kiddie-corner style)
Use your finger to smear peanut butter on the inside edge of the wrapper to seal shut
In a pot bring 3-4 cups peanut oil (or vegetable oil) to 360 degrees
Gently drop your wontons into the oil (one at a time- BE CAREFUL!)
Fry for about 3 minutes, or until they’re golden brown
Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel
Repeat until finished
Sprinkle with powdered sugar
Get down on your goodies-Enjoy!
Pictures and Bio coming soon!
Feedback is MORE THAN WELCOME!!!!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Who was the guy you ran into?
ReplyDelete